CPD Direct Ltd understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to our customers and suppliers who transact with us over the phone, online or in person. This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
What sorts of information do we hold?
We collect information about you when you open an account with us or when a transaction for products or services is placed. We also collect information when you request marketing support and when you submit feedback or other communications and forms. Website usage information is collected using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details, including by phone, email, online or by post;
- Information about the products or services that are purchased;
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and how you use our Services;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication.
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, marketing and research companies) as well as information that is publicly available.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To set up and administer your account to make services available, to process orders for products or services and ensure goods and services are delivered to the address specified. To process payment or refunds in respect of goods and services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To help answer your questions and solve any issues you have;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To communicate any products or services which may be of interest to you.
- To help us understand more about you so that products and services can be tailored to requirements;
- To help us ensure that you are genuine and to prevent fraud;
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, online or by any other electronic means. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to email@example.com
Who we might share your information with?
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- To transact with you through our website which is hosted by Wida Group who are based in the United Kingdom and act as a Data Processor in relation to your personal information;
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
International transfers of your information
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
How long do we keep your information for?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies allow the website to identify distinct visitors to store items added to a basket or other form mechanism within a session
|These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
We take security measures to protect against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, destruction or accidental loss of your personal information including:
- limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by the use of key card access);
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation of our systems and information;
- never asking you for your passwords;
- advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
When we use third party organisations to process information on our behalf, we will select reliable third parties and processing will be subject to written agreements between ourselves and the third parties processing the data. These written agreements specify the rights and obligations of each party and will provide that the third party has adequate security measures in place and will only process information on specific written instructions from us.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us at:
CPD Direct Ltd, Ipark Industrial Estate, Innovation Drive, Hull, HU5 1SG - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01482 625600
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Please go to www.ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.